Monday, July 30, 2007

Weekend at the Cottage

We spent the past weekend at my husband's parents' cottage. We had so much fun! All of our children, including the 2 year old, rode on a jetski for the first time (belongs to a cousin, not to us!). AND.......drum roll please, even I rode on it! (I have had a love/hate relationship with dark murky water since a near drowning experience when I was 8. Okay, make that mostly a hate relationship). Uncle B has a VERY large rottweiler named Mac who loves to swim and herd children. :-) Here he is pulling our 8 year old son G through the water. Don't you just love his doggie life jacket??!
Here is a picture of our 7 year old son L on the jetski with his Uncle T:


And here is a picture of our 10 year old daughter G on the jetski with her daddy:


I have not always appreciated the cottage. It is after all 160 years old (read, few modern conveniences). I have often wondered if the beds were as old as the house! But I truly love and appreciate it now. It is so wonderful to have a place to "escape" to and spend time with extended family. And when I see my husband and our children having so much fun, well, my heart is full indeed.




2 comments:

votemom said...

going to places with few modern conveniences gets a lot easier as your family grows and becomes more independent.

what a blessing for all of you - i'm happy that can have a place to be together. and a weekend is a perfect length of time to be with extended family ;o)

BlessingintheBattle said...

This trip looks like so much fun!