Saturday, December 18, 2010

Co-op Christmas Fun!

Our co-op met yesterday for the last time this year. We did not have our regular classes but did Christmas baking and crafting instead. A fun time together! In between baking and crafting we had time to play and just hang out. Here's my little buddy (who just turned 4!)



Every student got to make a tray of sugar cookies.






And every student also made an ornament. Most chose to make a painted ornament, but a few made the beaded ornament hanging at the top of the photo below.


To make the painted ornaments we just poured some acrylic paint into the neck of the ornament and swirled it around inside. Super easy and they looked fantastic!





In preparation for this day I was concerned about where our tree was located, right in the doorway between the kitchen and family room, and I had a feeling it would get knocked around quite a bit. So my sweet husband MOVED the tree for me early that morning, with the ornaments on it and everything, and now it's more safely tucked away in the far corner of our family room. Yes, I know he loves me a lot! (and I love him a lot too!) We put our tree stand on a piece of plywood to keep it completely level on the carpet, and this is "relatively" easy to slide. You'll have to ask my husband for his interpretation of "relatively". :-)




Our third activity was decorating a gift bag to use this Christmas. These also turned out very cute!






Me and my buddy. :-)


How thankful we are for friends!

1 comment:

Angela said...

It looks like it was such a fun time! Miss you all so much and wish that we could have been a part of your wonderful celebration! Such a special group of people you guys are all!!