Friday, August 23, 2013

Happy Birthday to my Hubby!

The day after daughter H's birthday, it was my husband's birthday!  I cannot adequately describe in words how much I love this man, and how thankful I am for him!  He is such a gift to me and to our family.

Instead of the traditional cake and ice cream, we celebrated with home-made chocolate mousse.  It was really good!


The children made cards for their dad, and due to our "new to us" pug dog, pug themed cards seemed particularly popular.



My husband is the new coach this season of son C's soccer team, so a few sons gave him soccer coaching gear.

The ever popular candy....






.... and movies.



Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my husband.  We don't have a perfect marriage, and we are such imperfect parents, but I thank you for all that you have enabled us to do right.  Making our marriage a higher priority than our kids is one of those things.  Please protect our marriage during these next intense years of parenting lots of teens, and encourage and strengthen my man.  Thank you, again, for the blessing of him.  I am so privileged to be his wife.  Amen.

1 comment:

Teacher/Mom said...

Happy Birthday! May our LORD grant you another (insert actual age here) years of health and happiness. Or, if that puts you in the Guiness Book of Records, may He grant you health and happiness and long life. ;-)