Monday, November 3, 2014

Our Week In Review


With a family of 8 to feed, each day there is usually a fair amount of cooking.  Recently a few of our teens have begun taking turns making dinner!  For son L's night to cook he chose to make french toast.  A delicious and easy choice for a beginner.  He did GREAT and the dinner was delish!

For daughter H's night she focused her efforts on a yummy sauce that she poured over chicken, and we then ate the chicken and sauce over noodles.  It was a winner!


Daughter G took a turn last week, too, but I forgot to get a picture.  Three less nights for me to cook, yippee!

Actually, when I am rested and in the right mood, I really enjoy cooking and especially baking.  Since getting my cast off I have been cooking up a storm and having fun trying new things for my family.  Believe it or not, this is one of my happy places. :)

I tried a recipe for scrambled egg "muffins" that was floating around facebook a few weeks ago.  They turned out looking and smelling great, but I made the mistake of freezing them.  They don't freeze well.  Note to self:  eat fresh or refrigerate for a few days.

But I still had fun in the kitchen!  And oh yes, we did do school last week, too. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids in the Kitchen! Sounds like a great title for a book. You go, nephews and nieces. I am cheering you on. Would LOVE to be a taster in your test kitchen. Wanna fly me out to your place? Love you all ~
Aunt Debbie