Sunday, January 26, 2020

Christmas 2019

Sadly, my husband lost his job in October of 2019, and for the rest of the calendar year we had to be especially careful and limiting with our spending.  Normally we get Chinese food for dinner on Christmas Eve, after going to the Christmas Eve service at church.  This year we cooked a meal at home with food that had mostly been given to us!  God's people are so kind and so generous.  I am writing this on January 26, 2020, and my husband still does not have a new job.  We are thankful for each bit of direction God gives us, and each opportunity God brings us.  My husband has had quite a lot of interviews, and continues to have several things in the pipeline, so we are hopeful that a new job will come along soon.

Here we are at our ham and mashed potato Christmas Eve dinner!



As is our tradition, after dinner we read the Christmas story from the Bible.  This year my husband and son L did the honors.



Secret Santa was a great success this year!  Little Man drew his sister's name, and he designed this shirt for her that had HER OWN ART WORK in each letter!  Isn't that cool?!  Perfect, since she is an art teacher.


Daughter G had son L's name, and she designed and drew this fake album cover of his favorite band, "Being as an Ocean."  He absolutely loved it!


Since son G was soon to move out, we gave him his own set of dishes and several kitchen utensils.


Son C with a new sweater.


New switch game for Little Man!


I absolutely loved our tree this year.  I sat like this many an evening, just looking at the lights, and thinking and praying.  I love the Christmas season, and the slow times of reflection it can provide.


1 comment:

Teacher/Mom said...

So fun to see everyone grown up! Will pray for a job for your hubby. I'm still working three part-time jobs. Would love to quit my paper route. Looking for more ways to earn income tutoring, especially in the summer. Blessings to you all!