Wednesday, November 4, 2009

UPDATE to Daily Challenges

Do you know what this is?




Here's a hint.....



It leads to this:



Yes, my dishwasher is fixed!!!!! One of my blog readers sent her husband over last Saturday. He came in with his toolbox and said, "show me what needs fixing." He tackled the dishwasher first. The little soap door now stays shut and when I ran a load, the dishes came out clean!! Yay!!!! Thank you to our friends for this lovely gift. Just fyi, you do NOT want to know what is inside your dishwasher, between the panels. Forget I even mentioned it........

There actually was a moment, captured below, when there was not a single dirty dish in my kitchen!


(Note to my hubby, if you're reading this, I know you could have fixed the dishwasher by yourself, but it would have taken longer and wouldn't have been as much fun, would it?)

Then he went downstairs to take a look at my dryer. I was horrified later to go down myself and find dirty clothes strewn along the basement stairs, toys on every single horizontal surface (including the school table which was COVERED) and my bra hanging over the line drying, right about at eye level. **sigh** Oh well.

He and my husband found that the gas valve going to the dryer had been partially closed, so they opened it all the way. The jury is still out on that one, as two loads have dried in the allotted time, and 2 have required more time. But I'm hopeful.

This same friend has offered to help my husband replace the struts on his car, so Lord willing that can get taken care of pretty soon too. We are so grateful for friends, for the help, and for the Lord's goodness to care for us in these seemingly small ways. He is good!

5 comments:

lazy susie said...

The bra thing makes me cringe, but he probably didn't notice it.

I'm so glad that you are getting some things fixed! Yay!

Amanda said...

What about replacing the dryer's coils? I don't know anything about it, but that is what we were told when our dryer had a similar issue. Glad the dishwasher is working!

Beth in Texas said...

Oh, I'm so happy about the little fixes. I thought of you in the middle of the night and was wondering if one of the things was the dryer. I forgot to check this morning. Do you clean out your vent regularly? I mean really clean it. Flylady sells a kit for this and I've used it and it's amazing what you can get out and we've only been here 2 1/2 years. Go to www.flylady.net and go to her shop and look at it and then let me know your thoughts about it. I'll not give you mine but I made find a way for one to find it's way to your house. ;-) I do it for safety reasons but people say it really helps w/ drying times and I've noticed a difference in that too.

votemom said...

just gotta get the right person with the right gifts! it's great when people can help and it's great to get help when you need it.

lahbluebonnet said...

Oh my, I'm laughing so hard I can't think! I did know that was a dishwasher in photo #1. Yea for the friend's hubby. And I bet there is a bra hanging around somewhere at his house too!
Blessings,
Laurie