Thursday, January 28, 2010

Overheard...

Conversation with Little Man this morning, as he snuggled in bed with me before getting up for the day.

Little Man: Tell me about when I was born.

Me: Well, my tummy got really big as you grew in there, and when it was time for you to come out daddy and I went to the hospital so the Dr could help us, etc, etc, etc........ and when you were finally born I looked at your little face and thought, this is who I've been loving all this time!

Little Man: I was born last so that's why I'm the youngest.

Me: That's right.

Little Man: Sometimes it's hard to be the youngest. (long pause) And sometimes it's hard to be the smallest too.


WOW! I so wish I could have known exactly what he was thinking when he said that. I thought it was rather profound for a just turned 5 year old to be able to articulate those feelings. It was a sweet, sweet time that we had together. Especially now, as he is little mr. independent!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

What a precious conversation. I can't believe he is FIVE already. How time flies! I sure miss you, btw!!!

Hugs, Marsha

votemom said...

i don't know whether to smile or cry! sooooooo precious.

Leslie said...

Very sweet indeed. You will love having this written down so you can remember it too!

Hugs,
Leslie