Sunday, February 20, 2011

Father - Daughter Dance

My husband and our daughter had a special date last night. They went to the annual homeschool father-daughter dance!

Here they were, right before setting out:



At the dance there were some instructors who taught them certain ballroom and country style dances. When they got home, they demonstrated the waltz for me (notice how hard they are both concentrating!).



Then my husband put on some rumba music and they had fun just free-forming it! They did NOT learn the rumba at the dance, they want me to tell you that. :-) This was close to midnight by now, and I think they were both a little punchy!





And just for reference, because I'm a mom and can't believe how fast our daughter is growing up, here is last year's picture: (there is about a 5" difference in height!)


Next year, Lord willing, I think my husband needs to wear a different tie. ;-)

3 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

This is awesome! I wish we had something like that here. Of course, it's probably easy when you only have one daughter. DH would have four to shuffle through. Great hoofers you've got! Blessings

votemom said...

she looks soooo grown up!!

Beth in Texas said...

If he wears a different tie, it won't be as easy to compare the differences in your daughter's growth from year to year. :-)