Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thursday's Thankful Things - it's a good one!

My husband got a job!!!! A direct hire, non-contract job! With benefits!!!!! And it literally fell into his lap ~ he didn't even know about it, didn't apply for it, and doesn't have to interview for it. How's that for an answer to prayer?! (it's a place he's worked at before, so they knew about HIM) He will start in two weeks and we are so thrilled and thankful!!!

I had a wonderful session today with my tutor student. He is the sweetest 6th grade boy you could ever hope to meet, other than my own of course. We are working on writing, and he is really engaged with it.

The snow is melting and I SAW GRASS TODAY!

The children and I got to watch a falcon (or possibly hawk, not sure) slowly pick apart a small bird it had caught. It was in a tree not 6 feet away from our dining room window, facing us. Sort of gross, but amazingly fascinating at the same time. The children were glued to the window the whole time, and then we watched the falcon spread its wings and fly off. God's creativity is just so..... creative!

My husband got a new job!!!!!

A lady in my REAL moms group safely delivered her first baby a couple weeks ago and I was able to cook her two meals today, and pray for her as I worked.

We had a great school day.

When I went out this afternoon I did not wear a coat. I've told the children this is what's known as a "spring tease" ~ it will get cold again and it will most certainly snow again. But we know that spring IS coming!

My husband got a new job!!!!

I have amazing friends.

God loves me.

And did I mention my husband got a new job?!

14 comments:

MarshaAnne said...

Oh Pam! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! God is good!

Teacher/Mom said...

Thank you Jesus! We are so thankful for Your provision for my sweet friend and her family. We are thankful for Your timing and Your grace. May he shine for You in this work place. Thank you Jesus!

Angela said...

Sooo happy for you guys! Praise God!

votemom said...

Thank You Gracious Lord.

Simply Me said...

Praise God! So happy for your family.

Keri Harrison said...

Hallelujah! Praise God!

I'm SOOOOO happy for your family!

A thankful Thursday indeed!

Jennifer said...

I don't post comments as often as I used to, but I'm breaking my "silence" to say YEA YIPPEE PRAISE GOD!!! YEAH! WHOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!! - This is such super news!! - Jenn

Amanda said...

Wonderful news!!! So happy for you guys!!

Unknown said...

This is a WONDERFUL post - even with the predatory bird in there.

So happy for you all.

Darla said...

We will celebrate with you in a prayer of thanks giving. :)

Targetshopper: said...

Smiling ear to ear and REJOICING with you!!!!! Thank you Lord!!

Lona said...

Wonderful! Thank you, Lord!

BlessingintheBattle said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomgirl said...

How awesome, Pam! That IS such a testimony to our awesome God!

-Joan