Monday, January 27, 2014

Monday encouragement for myself

"He who guards his lips guards his soul, but he who speaks rashly will come to ruin." ~Proverbs 13:3

"Oh Lord, I call to you; come quickly to me.  Hear my voice when I call to you.  May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice.  Set a guard over my mouth, O Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips." ~ Psalm 141:1-3

"O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!  You have set your glory above the heavens.  From the lips of children and infants you have ordained praise because of your enemies, to silence the foe and avenger." ~Psalm 8:1-2

"The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.  Those who know your name will trust in You, for You, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you." ~ Psalm 9:9-10


Lord, you know that Mondays are often difficult days in our home.  This Monday is no exception.  I am emotionally and physically weary, and there are so many things and people vying for my attention.  Help me to praise You when I am feeling overwhelmed.  According to Psalm 8:2, praise defeats my enemy!  I know that satan is the enemy of my soul and wants me to live in a constant state of discouragement.  I cannot be effective when I am discouraged.  Though my own flesh is weak, as your child I claim Your strength!  I claim your grace for this day.  I claim your wisdom and love to flow from my lips, and not the darker thoughts that would like to be spoken.  I choose to praise You, for You are the same every day regardless of my circumstances.  Your love for me is wide and deep and all-encompassing, even when I fail and disappoint You.  You are unchanging, magnificent, holy God.  I praise and worship You.  Amen.

No comments: