Friday, June 6, 2014

Mother's Day, 2014

I am so very grateful that God made me a mom!  It is the BEST (and hardest) job in the world, and I absolutely love being mom to these silly, wonderful, creative people. 











Since our not-adoption of daughter H, Mother's Day has become the mother of all stressful holidays.  It is an emotional mine field for all three of us, daughter H, her bio mom, and myself.  I had a really difficult time with it this year, and I think that I need to let go of any and all expectations except the expectation that it is going to be a hard day for daughter H.  She feels loyalty to TWO moms: one of them accepts this and the other one doesn't.  Bless her heart.....it is just plain hard. 

As nice as it would be sometimes to truly have a day "off", that is really not what Mother's Day is about, and if I had the expectation that it would be, I think I would be constantly disappointed!  Mother's Day is for celebrating being a mom.  It is about recognizing and honoring motherhood, and being thankful for the hundred and one things our moms do for us every day.  Of all days, why should "Mother's Day" be a day off from mothering?  It should be a day in which we moms mother well.

I am so grateful for each of our six beautiful children.  I mean seriously, how blessed am I???

No comments: