Sunday, September 4, 2016

Lake Michigan vacation, days 5 and 6


On days 5 and 6 we met up with our cousins to conquer Sleeping Bear Dune.  Contrary to my previous thought, Sleeping Bear is not the tallest sand dune in America.  The tallest one is in.....wanna guess which state?.....

Colorado!

Weird, I know.  But this is apparently the second tallest, at 450 feet, and the tallest one that is by water.  450 feet is a loooong way to climb up!

Here are the cousins about to run down.


And they're off!


Keep your eye on the pink shirt.  That is Little Man.



Here I have zoomed my camera all the way to get a bigger shot of Little Man as he neared the bottom.  Hubby and I walked down about 50 feet and took pictures from there.  Mostly I experienced Sleeping Bear with my eyes. ;)



The arduous climb back up!



 I conquered a much (ahem) smaller dune!





A bit of antiquing.


Dinner out for my wonderful husband's birthday!




And after the restaurant, a drive in movie!  Double feature:  Finding Dory and Pete's Dragon.  Awesome!


Another beach town, this time after a rain.  The only rain we had during our vacation.



1 comment:

Debbie said...

How long did it take your boys to climb back up the huge dune? We do it every year and time the kids. Jake keeps besting his time.