Thursday, December 29, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016!

A friend asked me what one thing she could pray for me during the Christmas holiday season, and my answer was "peace."  God answered so abundantly on Christmas Eve.  Our family celebration was peaceful and loving and everyone had good attitudes.  I am so very thankful! It was exactly what my mama's heart longed for.



Reading the Christmas story from my Grandpa's Bible.




The siblings drew names this year and only purchased a present for one sibling.  We called it "secret sibling" and all of them really liked it.  Daughter G loved her sweater and socks from son L!


Little Man had son G.


Daughter G had daughter H!


Daughter H had son L.


Son G had son C (wearing his two new hats).


And son C had Little Man.


A new scarf and CD from my oldest.


Yes, those are storm troopers with santa hats on.










I love this series of photos....it's this reaction that lets parents know they got the perfect gift!





My hubby and I wanted to be very intentional with giving daughter H a memory this year.  Something that communicated both love and truth.  So we gave her her own set of board books, and then read them to her while daughter G videotaped it.  We did not have the opportunity to read books to her when she was little, so now, Lord willing, when she looks at those books in her room she will remember the love she felt from us when we read them to her.



Christmas morning....stockings on mom and dad's bed!  (daughter H was already gone to her bio mom's house)




 Holidays are still somewhat treacherous for us, because they are for daughter H, but I am so thankful that God gave us a wonderful, peaceful, love-filled family celebration of Jesus' birth.

No comments: