Thursday, March 2, 2017

Thursday's Thankful Things

I am so thankful for God's Word!  I am reading through the Gospel of John in these weeks leading up to Easter with an online group of women, and after only two days it has already been so rich.  I am not part of a church tradition that typically "gives up" something for Lent in order to replace it with more time spent in  God's Word and in prayer, but any time I can be challenged to spend time in God's Word is a good time.



If you would like to join me, here is the schedule.


I am also so very thankful for the gift of music, and thankful that five of our six children play an instrument or sing on a regular basis!  Son C was asked to play special music during the communion portion of a recent worship service, and he practiced at home for literally hours and hours.  Each time he would sit down to begin practicing that song, I felt like he led me into worship wherever I was in the house.  I filmed him during practice, and in case the embedded video doesn't work down below, here is the link to view his song on you tube.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

C, you are pressing onward in your pursuit of music. God. Worship. The combination of all three of these.
I am praising God for you, nephew. Love you. And love your joyful praise.
Big smile, Aunt Debbie