Saturday, August 30, 2008

Date

Today daughter G and I went on an impromptu "date" to the mall to buy soap. Yes, soap. There are a couple soaps I just love at Bath and Body Works, and we have been out of "pump" soap in our house for a few weeks now. While at the mall we bought a large cinnamon pretzel to share, G tried on some clothes, we talked about the high price of clothing ($39.50 for a pair of jeans for her!! Nope, not gonna happen.....), looked at nail polish, and bought 7 bottles of soap for $20. Hopefully that will last until Christmas.

It was a great time to share together. I love spending time with my daughter!

Strangest thing we saw.....a sign that said, "Back to school special, $4.50 margaritas". Ummmm.......I'm pretty sure that school children shouldn't be drinking margaritas!

2 comments:

votemom said...

$40 for little girls' jeans? that is nuts.

i'm glad you had some time with your girl ;o)

Targetshopper: said...

Sounds like a very fun and meaningful afternoon for the two of you.

I love B and BW soap too and am so thankful that they just opened one by our house.

$40 jeans...clothes can be ridiculous! Have you tried Plato's Closet?