Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A New Believer!!

Rejoice with us ~ our 6 year old son C trusted Jesus as his Savior this morning!

He had asked me about it yesterday while we were out running errands, asking if I was sure he was going to go to heaven. I told him that I wasn't sure, because I didn't know if he understood that Jesus had died on the cross to take away his sin, and if he had asked Jesus to forgive him and invite Him to take control of his life. C told me that he hadn't really done that, but he wanted to. In the very next breath he asked me if I would turn on an Adventures in Odyssey CD in the van . :-)

I will confess that the busy-ness of daily life took over for the rest of the day, and since we are not ones to "push" our children into a commitment they are not ready to own, I temporarily forgot about this conversation.

This morning, C came in and woke me up and told me he was ready to pray. He laid next to me in his daddy's spot on the bed and repeated a very sincere prayer. We talked over everything first, and I am confident that he understands as much as he can right now and that this was driven by a sincere desire on his part to "belong to Jesus and see Him in heaven."

We called daddy at work to tell him, we drove to the church office and told all the secretaries, we told the director of children's ministries, we told Luke's piano teacher Miss E, and then we called both sets of grandparents and told them. And now I am telling all of you!! It is a very special day in our household today, and we are having a special dessert tonight to celebrate C's spiritual birthday.

What a privilege and a blessing as a parent, to witness your child choosing to follow Christ! It is the best thing in the world!

5 comments:

Keri Harrison said...

Wow! Praise the Lord!! :)

BlessingintheBattle said...

I love it! Praise the Lord! Welcome to the family, C!

lazy susie said...

Yes, Pam, it is the best thing in the world! We are all sooooooo happy with you!

Targetshopper: said...

Oh Pam that is wonderful news!! Congratulations C!!

Lona said...

Yea, C! Yea, God! Yea, Mom! (In no particular order, of course.)

What great news.