Monday, August 18, 2008

Dislocated Finger

We spent a lovely 3 hours at Urgent Care yesterday morning instead of going to church. I managed to dislocate my pinkie finger (which they "reduced" or manipulated back into place) and also chip the bone (which they gave me a soft cast for). So my dominant hand is virtually useless this week and I am having to learn how to do a few things with just my left hand. Like type!!

I am very thankful it was not worse, thankful it happened while my hubby was home, and thankful our children were such troopers at urgent care for 3 loooooong hours. Here is my finger before "reduction". Yes, I have a picture taking sickness, I know.



Blogger is insisting on turning this picture sideways today, no matter what I try, so you'll have to tilt your head, but here is my lovely soft cast which I have to keep on for a minimum of one week. This will be a great opportunity for our children to have to step up and help more!



For those of you wondering how this happened, it was oh so glamorous. I tripped while running up our hard wood stairs, and when I went to catch myself I jammed my finger on the lip of the top step. Haste truly does make waste. Since all the children were already buckled in the van to go to church, we just grabbed an ice pack and headed off to urgent care.

So if I don't blog a whole lot this week now you'll know why!

5 comments:

Marsha said...

I've been praying for you, sweetie! That first picture drew a resounding OUCH out of me! I'm praising God for the blessings at the urgent care facility and your lovely new cast, and I'm praying for all the other things that are going to be happening in a different way than planned this week.

Love and hugs,
Marsha

BlessingintheBattle said...

Feel so much better! Please let me know if you need anything!

lahbluebonnet said...

Oh Pam, how sad. I sprained my ankle a few years ago...nothing glamorous. My dc had no concept of how to jump rope. (SI issues.) After everything else failed, I thought I'd give them a visual comparison and contrast...the wrong way versus the right way. They were trying to jump individually side to side and I kept telling them they had to jump front to back. So I tried showing them what I meant. I showed them the wrong way, side to side...and landed on the side of my ankle. It was black and blue and swollen for days and hurt for months. Is there a glamorous way to be injured? Praying for quick healing!
Blessings,
Laurie

Targetshopper: said...

OUCH! It looks so painful! Hope you are feeling better and healing quickly!

lazy susie said...

Know that some of us benefit from your picture taking sickness. It doesn't look as bad as I thought. I cringed when I first read about it, and I've been imagining your week without a right hand too. And praying!

My little ones love the ER photos best!