Monday, November 24, 2008

Co-op Closing Program

We finished our 9 week fall session of co-op last Friday! What a great semester we had! In the evening we had our closing program, where each class got to showcase their knowledge and display any projects they worked on during the previous 9 weeks. Closing program always encourages and motivates me, as I see the variety of wonderful experiences students of all ages have had. It makes me so thankful for the privilege of homeschooling!

Here is Little Man's preschool class, singing about seeds that grow (he's in the gray, no hat).



My 2 Zoology classes shared the stage, and those who wanted to had an opportunity to say one thing they learned this session that they didn't know before. I was impressed with all they remembered! Our son L is in front in the white. He had to wear white to portray Jesus in a silent play that his medieval class performed. Since he doesn't own white pants, I was very thankful for his tae kwon do uniform!!


Here is our Zoology display, after most of the projects that had covered the table were already picked up.



Our son G's final project was the bird house he built in Stockade last month. Since the bird house is already hanging on the side of our shed, he brought in a picture of it. For our daughter G's project, she chose to research the black capped chickadee. This was the result of her work ~ she did all the typing herself!


She ended up making 27 beautiful cards in her card making class. Here she is with her two favorites, and the following picture shows them all.



We had a little extra excitement at the end of the evening, when our son C cut the back of his head on the edge of a speaker up on stage. Being a head wound, it bled A LOT and we initially thought we'd have to go the ER for stitches. But after we got home and re-assessed the situation we realized that it was a superficial cut, just the skin, so we snipped a bit of hair out of the way, cleaned the cut, pinched the two sides together and superglued it shut. Yep! You read that right. Superglued it. I found out an amazing thing Friday night from a nurse....superglue is what hospitals use! I thought it was some special glue developed just for skin, but it's just superglue. I woke C once in the night just to be sure he would wake up okay, and the next morning he said he felt "great." We are so thankful it wasn't worse, and that we could save a $50 ER copay.

Now we are off until January, and though we love co-op very much it will be nice to have a break!

3 comments:

lahbluebonnet said...

Wow! Never a dull moment! You amaze me! Super glue...I'd have thought they were pulling my leg! lol Great work kids!
Blessings,
Laurie

Targetshopper: said...

Great pictures! G's cards are beautiful! I also enjoyed seeing the zoology display. Ki would have loved a class like that.

I'm so glad C is okay!! I never would have guessed that they use superglue. I remember in high school everyone told me how horrible and dangerous it was to glue fake nails on with superglue. wow. I'm glad that you found that out and saved the time and money at the ER.

Jackie in AR said...

Your co-op looks like a lot of fun. What great projects! I love the cards that G made.

That superglue is amazing stuff, huh? I'm glad he didn't suffer a more severe injury.

Happy Thanksgiving to your family! See 'ya next week at the TOG co-op.