Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A Little More About Vacation.....

It's just kindof crazy to be having this much fun. Really.


We are leaving for home in a day and a half and no-one wants to go, except that we all miss daddy. Two of our boys have asked if we can move here. One wants me to lose our plane tickets. Pray for me on Friday. Besides being a long day of travel (not a direct flight) it may be a sad and grumpy day for some among us.


I'm so thankful we got to come here after all! I have experienced so much spiritual rest and refreshment while here, so much clarity on what is the main issue (the health of our relationships with the Lord, not my husband's job), and just had fun loving and being loved on by my family. Sometimes being out of your normal routine and surroundings can help bring things into focus, and this trip has certainly done that for both my husband and myself.


Though I am not ready to leave (is there ever really "enough" time with loved ones who live far away?) my heart is longing for my husband. "Home" is wherever he is, and I am looking forward to getting back home to him and to our life together. There are lots of things I would have liked to have done while here that I did not get a chance to do, but I'm focusing on all we DID do, and all the good talks we DID have, and all the great memories we DID make. We will make more good memories tomorrow, and then.....



HOME!

3 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

I'm at a homeschool conference tomorrow but I'll be praying.

lahbluebonnet said...

I'm glad you all had that time of refreshment. I'll be praying!
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

i talked to him tonight and he is anxious to have you all home too!