Monday, February 8, 2010

Yes, we know how to Par-tay!!!!

This was our rockin' pre Super Bowl party. ;-) The kids watching Monsters, Inc and me konked out with 3 sickies on me.


A 24 hour vomiting bug invaded our home just a few hours after the Pinewood Derby, starting with Little Man. It hit L and C shortly after they'd gone to sleep Saturday night. It was a long, horrible night, but after much laundry, scrubbing of beds and carpet, pajama changes, and trips to the bathroom, L and C's stomachs seemed to finally calm down and my husband and I fell into an exhausted sleep around 4:30 Sunday morning. The other 4 of us seem to have dodged it this time, thankfully.

I did throw on some clothes and run up to church during the worship service to cast my vote for our new teaching pastor ~ I am SO EXCITED that our new teaching pastor was voted in by an overwhelming majority and officially starts his new job TODAY!!! I find him to be a dynamic speaker, but even better, his messages are all based solidly on the truth of God's Word, and he doesn't shy away from "difficult" passages. He is eager to work within our new governance structure (governed by the elder board and not him as the "senior pastor") and seems to be a humble, approachable, man who truly loves and worships the Lord. I am very thankful for God leading him and our church together.

So now that we are on the mend.....did somebody say "party"??!

2 comments:

Targetshopper: said...

I am SO EXCITED too! I was just so thrilled to hear the overwhelming majority voted him in and I'm excited for what's ahead. So glad the boys are feeling better and praying that the rest of the family stays healthy!

P.S. I got your phone message today and will email you. :)

lazy susie said...

Oh no! I thought of you yesterday and imagined that you were having a lovely Super Bowl family party. Sick on the couch is not what I imagined!