Sunday, February 28, 2010

Laundry Chute Update

I am happy to report that the laundry chute is now OPEN FOR BUSINESS ONCE AGAIN!!!

Over the last two weekends, with much effort, a small flashlight and mirror taped to the inside bottom of the chute, and his new handy dandy grabber tool (see below), my husband was able to pull the impaction out. What was in there you ask? Was it a stuffed animal? Nerf footballs? Used pullups? Large bionicles? All of those things have been down the chute at one time or another, but this time it was.....

just clothes. Boring, I know. Lots of dirty clothes smooshed tightly together for several months and stinking badly.

They were in there so tight, my husband had to pull each and every article out. We thought once the main jam was gone, the rest would fall down on their own, but no.

There were enough clothes in there to fill two washing machine loads, and so far I have been able to completely salvage one load. Second load is still soaking, but I'm hopeful. Fabric is pretty amazing I tell ya.

So, everything you ever wanted to know about our laundry chute, and then some!!

5 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

The grabbing tool looks complicated but what I really want to say is "he's got the whole world on his head. He's got the whole world on his head. . . " Okay, maybe only half the world but still made me want to sing. ;-)

Lona said...

I am so impressed with your man. Inventiveness, determination and perseverance.

LOL about the 2 loads of clothes. Some of this "mom" stuff is so weird we couldn't make it up, eh?

lahbluebonnet said...

I've never had a laundry chute. I always worried about children getting stuck inside! I haul everything up from the basement. I have everyone else haul their individual clothes to the color sorted laundry baskets on top of the machines.
Blessings,
Laurie

Pam said...

Laurie,

Our laundry chute is only about a foot wide and not very deep. Maybe 6 inches at the most. So it's not big like the ones you see in movies. No children can get stuck in ours! (but clothes sure can - maybe ours needs to be bigger?!)

Targetshopper: said...

your husband is a genius! and so are you for being able to salvage the clothes!