Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!

A few days ago I turned 48. Yeah, I can't believe it either!

It was a nice birthday, with lots of emails, cards, and well wishes. I got an awesome gift from my mom and dad ~ a Sound of Music gift set which is SO me. In it was a special edition dvd of the movie, the soundtrack on CD, and a fascinating book about the making of the movie. LOVE it. Thanks mom and dad! (love the antique children's song book too!!)

I taught the letter "R" to the young 5's at co-op that morning, and had a Dr appt in the afternoon (rotater cuff injury to my left shoulder from shoveling snow), and when we came home from that appt there were these beautiful roses waiting for me on my front porch! Thank you to my wonderful friend S!

My friend Sally took me to a ladies function at her church that evening. The theme was about how we are daughters of the KING, hence the crowns.


And another friend gave us a gift card to go out to eat at a nice restaurant as a family. Thank you Beth! I have the BEST friends ever. Even when they don't give me things. ;-)

It was a lovely birthday celebration, and I am so grateful for the rich and full and challenging 48 years of life I have had so far. Our co-op surprised me with a cake after our classes were through. We joked that I was starting over, because all Sally had was a zero candle! Here they are singing to me:

4 comments:

Lona said...

Happy Birthday, Pam! What a sweet video (especially the 2nd verse of Happy Birthday and the wiggly boys)!

lahbluebonnet said...

How lovely! Happy Birthday!
Blessings,
Laurie

Debbie said...

Happy Birthday Pam! I pray you had a wonderful birthday.

Jennifer said...

Your "0" cake just makes me giggle! Happy Birthday!!!