Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy 92nd Birthday!

Yes, my father in law is 92. Unbelievable to me too. He is really quite an amazing man, having lived through the Great Depression as an adult, being a World War II veteran, and witnessing first hand so many changes in the last century. Not to mention the fact that he raised my husband! I think birthdays of older people are so important to celebrate, partly to celebrate that they're still here (I honestly don't know many 92 year olds) and partly to honor them just because God made them and they are a person of value!

My father in law is very easy going and accommodating. When I asked what he wanted to eat for his birthday dinner, he said "oh, anything." But when I pressed him, he said "ribs". So, ribs it was.


I tried to get creative with his cake, thinking I'd make a picture of him with a birthday crown. But it turned out a little too "creative", looking more like a woman than a man (I ran out of white frosting to make his beard!). Oh well! It still tasted good!



Here he is with 5 of his 10 grandchildren, and his one great granddaughter (the girl in purple on his lap).


Married 54 years and still going strong!


The two birthday people. Daughter G was born the day after he turned 79. They have been privileged to share many birthday parties over the years!


I love you Dad! Happy, happy birthday!

No comments: