Thursday, April 29, 2010

What I've learned so far.....

about being the parent of preteens/teenagers:

1. They need lots of time in the bathroom.

2. They need lots of time to get ready to go somewhere.

3. They need lots of time to get ready for bed.

4. They need lots of sleep.

5. They need lots of food.

6. They like to have intense conversations at bedtime.

7. They needs lots and lots and lots of positive affirmation.

8. Sometimes you just have to let them cry.

9. And when doing #8, you just need to be there and not say anything.

10. And when #8 and #9 are all over, they will hug you and say they are all better.

6 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

I will be interested to know how many of these stay constant between tweens/teens of the male persuasion versus the female persuasion. Blessings.

Jennifer said...

Completely unrelated to teens (we're not quite there yet) - I LOVE THE NEW PICS AND FORMAT!!

Targetshopper: said...

wow, they are needy. ;p this post made me smile! Btw, I've been praying for you off and on all day today.

Loren Warnemuende said...

LOL! I couldn't help but think how many of these apply to my preschoolers!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yes.