Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Weekend in Pictures

League champions in their age division! (son C is standing in the back on the left)


And.....(drum roll please)...... I have been waiting YEARS to take the following pictures. My children are now old enough to weed wack and MOW THE LAWN!!! Yippee!!!!!!! In fact, they fought over who got to mow first. Our daughter insisted on doing it first since she's the oldest. ;-) (notice the very weedy garden behind my husband)





Working in afore mentioned weedy garden.......


....and though we have a ways to go, some of it now looks like this!

Every year it's the same.....I say I'm going to claim the garden from the weeds before they get too big, but every year we are in a push to finish school, and busy with birthdays, and I just don't get it done in April or early May.


We had a whirlwind visit with Uncle Kevin and cousin Cody, who flew in to town for a couple days! (great to see you guys!) This is Cody with his grandma. :-)

On Saturday afternoon we attended a high school graduation party, and had our co-op end of the year picnic! I was so busy talking and eating at both events that I took no pictures.

And on Sunday afternoon we had some friends over. Here is the "boy" table.


And the "girl/adult" table.



Busy but good weekend, being and doing together.

Thank you, Lord, for my family, and for all the mundane daily tasks that make up life. I love living life with my family. Knowing that You are over us and under us and around us and IN the daily-ness brings me such comfort and peace. I love you Lord. Thank you for loving me.

2 comments:

MarshaAnne said...

I know what you mean about the lawn. Last weekend was the first time Josiah (12) mowed the lawn. Wonderful, isn't it???

Targetshopper: said...

whew, you've been busy! And so have the kids! :)