Tuesday, March 1, 2011

First Day

Thanks so much for your prayers, my husband had a great first day at his new job! It was a day full of meetings, but in the afternoon his new work computer was delivered and he had fun setting it up and loading on all the software he will need for development. Oh my word, he is in computer heaven! His new machine is very powerful (fast) and he has two large monitors totaling about 4 feet. He should be all set to begin writing code today. He wants to be up to speed and productive as soon as possible (and they want that too). :-)

It was funny; his immediate boss was giving him a "tour" of the software, to remind him of all its features, and more than once when he asked, "do you remember this?" my husband answered, "um, yes, actually I wrote that!"

I cannot tell you how thrilled I am for my husband!! I've said this before when he's found work, but I'll say it again... it just feels different when he's working. More purposeful. It affects all of us, in a good way. I. AM. SO. THANKFUL.

Lord, thank you so much for this new job. It happened so fast, and so out of the blue, we are still in a bit of shock. But we recognize this was YOUR doing and we accept that this is YOUR plan. Thank you so much. Please be with my husband each day as he goes to work. Help him to contribute significantly to the program. Help him with problems that are hard to solve. Help him most of all to be a witness for You in his work place. Use him as you will in that place. Amen.

3 comments:

Lona said...

Yes! Amen.

votemom said...

ditto!

Teacher/Mom said...

Yippee! And I totally get the feeling different when he's at work. I'm almost tempted, when DH takes a "sick" day, just to call off school. He will inevitably say to me, "Is that really what you do all day?" To which I answer, "No - when you're home you're a big distraction to them, so I spend my day pulling them all back to attention and nothing gets done."