Sunday, April 6, 2008

Blog that blesses me

A couple months ago I was introduced to this blog called Bring the Rain. It is dedicated to the story of a tiny baby who will be born tomorrow (Monday at 4:00 pm) and is not expected to survive outside the womb. This baby's parents, Angie and Todd (he is one of the voices of the group Selah) are walking through this valley with such faith. Though each post is heartwrenching to read, it is also uplifting. Some blogs that journal difficult times are such downers to read that I just stay away. This blog is not one of those. It was started this past January and I spent a couple hours one night reading from the very beginning to get their whole story. I was so blessed. It was also somewhat cathartic for me, as she has a real gift with words and is able to express deep emotions so eloquently. We have never carried such a sick baby to term, but have felt so many of the same emotions over the loss of our babies that died much earlier.

Please pray for them tomorrow as they deliver their sweet Audrey into this world and then into the next.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pam I want to tell you that I sent the link to the "bring the rain" blog to my professor. I am in a special education graduate class and right now one of the child disorders we are talking about is anxiety. Today's post (on the blog you referenced) is talking about when she had anxiety as a child and how she copes with it still today. Secondly, my professor has confided in me that she had a baby that she knew was not going to live. She named him Connor and she told me a little of her experience. I jumped on the opportunity to use this as a way to expose her to a christian perspective on both things, anxiety and birthing a child who will not live here on earth. I don't think that she is a christian. Please pray that she decides to visit this blog. I'll keep you posted.

votemom said...

angie has not been far from my thoughts this weekend.