Saturday, May 9, 2009

Overheard....

As our 6 year old son C was racing his bike around our cul-de-sac at full throttle, I hear the following conversation (if you can call yelling at each other as he flew past a conversation):

Neighbor girl Lily: "C_____! (insert his name in a long drawn out tone) Come play house with me!"

C: "I am playing house with you!"

Lily: "But you're not getting off your bike and coming into the house!"


Girls and boys think and play so differently, don't they? Funny.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We were at the bank this past week so that daughter G could put some money into her savings account. She usually puts in 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 dollars at a time ~ it makes me smile. She is slowly working her way to $100 (that's her short term goal) and she's at $81 so far! Anyway, the rest of us were sitting in chairs waiting for her to finish, and another teller walked up to talk with us.

Teller: "Wow, 5 children, I bet that keeps you busy!"

Me: "Yes, it does. Busy and happy."

Teller: "Are they going back to school tomorrow?" (our local public schools were closed for 2 days after a suspected case of swine flu)

Me: "Well, we homeschool so we're actually in school right now."

Teller: "Oh my goodness, you have 5 children AND you homeschool? I don't know how you do it."

Son G, without missing a beat: "No-one knows how she does it."



It just cracked me up ~ I do hear that alot and I guess he's been listening!

(and the answer I gave is I do it with lots of prayer, one day a time!)

4 comments:

lazy susie said...

Funny boys!

Marsha said...

Just took a quick peek by your blog before shutting down for the night. Amen to boys thinking and playing differently than girls. And I LOVE G's response to the teller!!! Congratulations to Miss G, too, for working so diligently toward her goal.

Give all five of them a big hug for me!!!

Love, Marsha

votemom said...

so cute and funny!

Beth in Texas said...

We both laughed at G's response. Have I told you laughing hurts the most of all the things I do? Try not to be so funny next time. ;-)