Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day to the Wonderful Father of my Children!

To my dear husband:

How thankful I am that you are my husband and the father of our children! You are a wonderful dad. It blesses me beyond measure to see you with our children. You have always been a great father to them, but I am especially thankful for how sensitive you have been to their needs and fears during this period of unemployment. With your own set of things to worry about, you have been able to set that aside in order to listen to and respond to them in ways that have, I believe, helped to grow their faith and helped them to be able to trust God in their childlike ways during this time. I love you with all my heart, and I will always love you no matter what.

The children shared at dinner what they appreciate about their dad, and here is what they said:

Daughter G: I appreciate that you work hard for us, protect us, and would do anything for us.

Son G: I like that you wrestle with us and that you're funny. And I like doing building projects together with you.

Son L: I like that you wrestle with us and that you're funny, and that sometimes you are serious.

Son C: I also like the wrestling and I like that you make me laugh and that you teach us things.

Little Man: I like that you wrestle with us (once the first boy said this, it was a recurring theme!!) and that you are funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to one of the best Brothers-in-law a gal could dream up! You have been a dy-no-mite husband to my sister, and a singularly gifted Father, who blessed me when I became an Auntie to five amazing niece & nephews. Brett, You're uniquely suited for Pam, and the household you and she have built together is standing the tests of time. The two of you are a God-ordained team. I love you!
Your CA sis, Debbie

lahbluebonnet said...

Sounds like you have an extremely unified family. =)
Blessings,
Laurie

lazy susie said...

Great photo! After all those comments from the children I kind of expected to see a wrestling action shot.