Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Overheard....

I apologize in advance for the crudeness of this episode of "overheard", but they were just too funny not to share. We have some neighbor children who have developed the bad habit of going potty in the bushes behind our backyard shed whenever the urge strikes while they are playing. Our younger boys, of course, think this is fantastic, and we are having to work hard at training them NOT to do this (we're working on the neighbor children too, but that's going rather slowly).

So this afternoon as I was reading history with our 10 year old and the others were outside playing, Little Man came running excitedly into the house to ask me:

"Mommy, if our house burns down can I go pee behind the shed?"

I matter of factly said, "yes, if our house burns down you may go pee behind the shed."

He grinned happily and said, "okay!!"

After he skipped back outside to play, G and I looked at each other and dissolved into laughter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9 year old L during dinner table conversation: "If Adam and Eve hadn't sinned by eating the fruit we would all be NAKED!"

3 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

I'd be worried that he'd be looking for matches to make that a reality but then I guess my kids are much wilder than yours.

Pam said...

Beth, that did occur to me and the matches are all up high!

Leslie said...

Kids are funny! We've had to have the lesson here too.

Blessings
Leslie