Saturday, July 25, 2009

Leavin' On a Jet Plane......

Sing with me ~

"All our bags are packed, we're ready to go...."


Backpacks for the airplane with color coded ribbons for each child. Check.


Food to eat for dinner to avoid buying on the plane. Check. Friend to drive us to the airport. Check. And we're off!

The children were all WONDERFUL on the flight. They did the activities from their backpacks and looked out the window and just had a marvelous time. Thank you for your prayers. Easiest flight I've had with all 5 by myself. :-) Although by the time we got to bed that night it felt like 5:00 a.m. to our bodies.





Once we arrived there was no time to rest, however. My sisters and I busied ourselves with final preparations for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary party, which for me meant spending about 12 hours creating a power point slideshow of their life. My younger sister worked on the script to be read by us couples during the slidehow, and my older sister spent hours and hours doing most of the food prep. My mom fed us all the first two days so we could concentrate all our efforts on the party. Here we are praying around the table on Friday night.



My crazy brothers in law....


....with their spouses, my beautiful sisters!




Having s'mores on the deck.


My parents' party was today and it was truly a great celebration! I'll post about it later, but for now we are all exhausted and going to try and finally catch up from our long day of travel and the excitement of the last couple days. I will probably update my blog a few times during our vacation, but mostly I'm going to enjoy my family and enjoy our vacation time away from our regular routines and the stress of the job search. It is such a blessing to be here ~ it is doing us so much good already!

6 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

That's so awesome! I have been praying that your trip would go well. I've also been praying for job opportunities for your hubby while you are out there. As much as it would be difficult to move, perhaps God has something in store closer to your family. Stranger things have happened. Will continue to pray for a time of fellowship and rest. Blessings.

lahbluebonnet said...

Ohhhh, how nice! I love how happy everyone looks! Enjoy!!!!
Blessings,
Laurie

Beth in Texas said...

Glad the plane trip went so very well!

Leslie said...

So glad you are having a great trip and making sweet memories. I love those times!

Blessings
Leslie

Jennifer said...

Looks like a fun time already! Looking forward to your updates. So glad you guys were able to make the trip - have a blast!!!

votemom said...

yay - happy to see an update!