Sunday, May 15, 2011

FIAR Co-op - How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World, Part 2

We spent a second week on this fun and entertaining book! First, we read and enjoyed it together again. Then we made an apple pie! Some of the children helped mix the pie crust, and some of the children rolled it out.







While the pie was baking we did another really messy activity, we painted with apples. We used apples for the main shapes, and brushes for fine details.








No, not blood. Just paint in the hair of our littlest student! If you know my friend Sally, this was something of an emergency even though it was not blood. :-) (love you Sally!)


For our snack, we of course ate the apple pie we'd baked! The letters cut out of the top crust stand for our co-op name: Families Learning In Christ.

2 comments:

Beth in Texas said...

I used to be like your friend Sally. Then I went from 1 to 4 children in 3 months. I'm a little more laid back now. I would love for it to be more. :-)

Leslie said...

What a fun day!!! I love FIAR co-ops! So glad you have a sweet group to do this with!

Hugs
Leslie