Sunday, May 29, 2011

Random

I can type faster than I can upload pictures, so here is a random post (the kind my mother loves!).

We are working to finish school by this coming Friday (June 3). I use the word "finish" very loosely, as three children will need to finish math during the summer, and daughter G has not finished her physical science course. But the daily routine will radically shift after Friday. We are all ready for a break (especially the mama).

Right after school ends, I will start painting the first of four rooms that I am tackling during the summer. One of them is the family room, and as much as I would love to paint that one first, I am being a good mom and painting all the kids' bedrooms first. The family room will have to wait. Haven't even decided on a color yet, all I know is I am sick of its current off-white blandness.

Our van smells like wet soccer socks. Ewwwww! Febreeze, can you help me?

In the throes of finishing school for this year, I have also done quite a bit of planning for next year. Had a planning meeting for REAL moms, a couple online planning meetings for the next year of our virtual co-op, and lots of lining up of various schedules (making sure there was no accidental double booking!). It is going to be an interesting year, schedule wise (read that: busy with different kids taking different classes at different places, both in real life and online) and a fascinating year, school wise. I'm really looking forward to it!

Our daughter will probably have to take a little bit of homework on her trip to Washington this summer, as we start virtual co-op three days after she gets home.

For the first time, we will have kids in elementary, middle, and high school at the same time. It will be this way for the next five years, until Little Man starts sixth grade.

My garden is not yet planted. Hoping to tackle that this week. Every year I say I'm going to do it before school gets out, but it is always *so* hard to make that happen!

My husband worked for 5+ hours yesterday afternoon, replacing the front brakes on his parents vehicle. The rotor bolts wouldn't come off. Then the rotor itself didn't want to come off. One rotor had to be replaced, so I made a quick run to the auto parts store at 9:15. Did I mention it was raining during the whole time he was working? Working outside, in our driveway? My husband is pretty clever though, he moved our patio umbrella to the driveway and was able to stay relatively dry by working under it. So thankful he was able to bless his parents in this way! And he got a cool new toy to play with (an impact wrench).

I was not faithful to do my foot exercises this week. :-(

A nap is in my immediate future! :0)

3 comments:

Targetshopper: said...

It's amazing how quickly time passes and your kids grow up! :) Can't wait to see the color choices for the kid's rooms and family room! Also, I would love to come back to REAL Moms next year if there isn't already a waiting list.

Teacher/Mom said...

You'll have to take some before and after pictures of the painting. Are you going to finish of the homeschool room too, or is that already done? I always get antsy for the next year before the current year is done. It must just be the way things are. Blessings.

Pam said...

Teacher/Mom: school room is NOT done. It has been at a standstill all year, but my husband will be working on it this summer, and Lord willing, finishing it!

TS: we'd love to have you in REAL moms! I've actually been meaning to ask for your help in choosing paint colors. I'll call you.