We have been out of school for nearly three full weeks, but in many ways I feel like my own summer break has barely (or not quite) started. The end of June is just a few days away and I have not accomplished a single one of my summer goals. I feel pulled in several directions at once, somewhat discombobulated and not sure where to start. In pondering what to do first, I realized I needed to get back to the basics of what I know, and prioritize the most important things, literally list them out in order of importance. Here is my personal list of what's most important to me this summer:
1. Have a daily quiet time with God.
2. Nurture my marriage ~ have some kind of date time with my husband once a week, and pray for my husband every day.
3. Read books outloud to my kids every day.
4. Interact with my children on a regular basis ~ bike rides, gardening, Wii games, board games, etc. Make memories of doing things together this summer, and have fun with them!
5. Have a one on one date with each of my children (one down, four to go).
7. Do a little each week to get ready for this coming school year, starting with a new chore chart which I will make this week.
8. Paint my kitchen.
9. Paint the bedroom that sons L and C share.
10. Play more praise music.
11. Don't let my front flowers die because I am so busy doing #1 - 10! (I am a fairly decent gardener, but I frequently forget to water the hanging baskets!)