Thursday, June 12, 2008

Yardwork, yardwork, yardwork!!

(Spoken in Jan's best "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha" voice! I guess I'm dating myself here. Do any of my readers NOT know which tv show I am referring to?)

I have been tackling our yard in earnest this week, since I don't have much time during our school year to devote to it. Our vegetable garden still isn't finished, but I am taking some time out from that to work in our flower beds. Slowly but surely, progress is being made!

In other news, my hubby finally had to return to the office. He had been working from home full time since January and we had all gotton quite used to it! The children and I have missed him alot during the day, and we are certainly feeling the pinch in our pocketbook since he began going back to the office right as gas prices skyrocketed. All of the developers must work from the office 100% of the time now. They want it to be a real collaborative effort, which is a good thing. It's just an adjustment for all of us. I find myself more worn out emotionally at the end of the day, as often he does not make it home until after dinner or even after bedtime. Late arrival home from work has been something we have struggled with throughout our marriage, and one of the things I feared most about him going back to the office. But God has always given grace, and I know He will continue to do so.

Here's a happy thing: we will be seeing dear out of state friends this weekend! They lived here for 10 years, but moved away about 4 years ago. I am so excited to have face time with them, to see how big their children are now, and to get caught up on all God has done in their lives! Can't wait to see you Susan!

2 comments:

votemom said...

is this susan h?

say "hi" to her for me!

Beth in Texas said...

I know what TV show you are referring to and I wanted to BE Marsha.

So sorry about the hubby thing. I would be worn out too, especially if he didn't come home until after bedtime. Fortunately, my husband's longest hours at work during our marriage occurred before kids.