Saturday, December 20, 2008

SNOW!

Who are these masked children?


Oh, of course! Here are their lovely smiling faces, so happy to be out playing in the snow!


We were walloped by our first big snow storm yesterday. At our house we got about 8-10". That would be on top of the 4" we already had. In some places the drifts were well over a foot. I was again so grateful for the gift of boots, as the children all went outside to play and stayed out for several hours because their feet were warm and did not hurt. Did I mention that with that same Target gift card we were also able to purchase two pair of new snowpants? I got bigger sizes than we needed so that there is room to grow and so that lower legs have no chance of getting wet. Every time our children wear their new boots and snowpants this winter, I will be reminded of God's love and provision, and the blessing of friendship.



My knight in shining armor, tackling the end of the driveway!


6 comments:

lahbluebonnet said...

I think I recognize the children, but the question I would ask is, "What is snow?????" ;)
Blessings,
Laurie

votemom said...

isn't the snow GREAT? i'm so glad we got some for christmas.

Rebekah said...

No, there's no alternate date set. They were doing today to accomodate us so she wouldn't have to be in the hospital for Christmas. I guess that she's going to try to wait until after Christmas (alternate option if they couldn't get her in today). Needless to say, it's been a frustrating day :(

Rebekah said...

I don't know why they aren't considering Monday. They wanted to do it Tuesday, but she doesn't want to then and had decided that she just wouldn't go. So, we're just waiting to see what happens, I guess.

She's very nervous about the c-section, and she obviously isn't very motivated to get it over with, so I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being an emergency one.

Monday would be great for the mattress. I hope little man had a great birthday! (Today was Steven's full brother's birthday too--another reason for not wanting to go.)

Lora said...

Oh that last picture is darlin' Pam! And I had a good laugh at the goggles that greeted you - what a great way to start the day.
Your ornament is lovely and a great visual to confirm God's work in your life.
Thank you kindly for the encouraging words you left on my blog. With thanksgiving to the Lord for you,
Lora

Targetshopper: said...

So cute!