Thursday, January 8, 2009

Another Blessing

I am sitting here crying. I just got off the phone with the manager of a salon in my town ~ they called to say that someone donated a cut and color for me!!!! I am overwhelmed. And I am ashamed that I complained about my hair on my blog. Was it one of my few faithful readers who did this??? Or someone else who just noticed my roots and decided to take pity and bless me? I don't know who did it, but if you are reading this, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! I am so undeserving of this generosity, which makes it all the more wonderful. The manager of the salon thought it was pretty wonderful too. She said things like this "never happen nowadays!".

Hair is such a silly thing to complain about. But it is usually the little things that can totally make our day, and this just totally made my day! AND.....our wedding anniversary is this Sunday and a friend offered to keep our children overnight. So the timing is perfect! I will go get beautiful at the salon and my hubby and I will enjoy a quiet overnighter at our home hotel! :-)

Thank you, my anonymous friend. And thank you, Lord.

Now I've gotta wipe these tears out of the keyboard.......

8 comments:

Targetshopper: said...

That is awesome! I am so excited for you! I didn't take it as complaining at all and I'm so glad that you mentioned it so that we are all able to be thankful with you for His provision. He is so good at giving us not only what we need but a lot of added extras too.

votemom said...

oh my - this is making me cry too!

and happy anniversary - sounds like you will have a really great weekend!

votemom said...

oh - i also noticed you were researching vegetarian dishes. if you find any good ones, please pass them my way.

CAB said...

That's wonderful and I'm so glad you shared - we need to hear more of the "little things" that we're blessed with!

Marsha said...

Oh, sweetie! I'm praising God with you, and I'm thankful for your benefactor!

Much love, Marsha

Beth in Texas said...

This was just a perfect gift. Wish I had thought of it but I didn't. :-)

Lona said...

Woo-hoo! God is good, and cares about even the little things like grey roots...

Hugs to you, dear one. Enjoy your night at the home hotel.

Targetshopper: said...

Happy Anniversary!