Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Job Update

My husband's last day of work was Friday, April 30. That afternoon on his way home, he got a phone call offering him a 2 month contract job (which he had interviewed for the evening before). He had one day off between jobs, as it worked out it was our son G's birthday!, and began his new job on Tuesday, May 4.

We are so thankful for God's provision! It is "only" 2 months, but that is 2 months more income and 2 months more time to continue looking for permanent work.

We decided this time to pursue any opportunity that presents itself regardless of location, and let God open or close the doors. So while we would like to stay here, if God's plan is for us to move, we would do so willingly.

Please pray with us for a permanent job to be found, and for my husband to remain diligent to the job search during these 2 months. His new job is quite a bit different than what he was doing before, and there has been/is a learning curve. So his brain cells are quite occupied. :0) But we know the search cannot end just because he is currently getting paid.

God is faithful. And we are grateful!

7 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

Hooray for God!! Another job - that's awesome. Talk about your daily bread, eh?! I imagine it makes the story of the Israelites being told to only collect what they need for one day hit home. Great object lesson for next year's TOG. Blessings.

Dana Leeds said...

Praise God! And, I will say a prayer now for you and your family.

Targetshopper: said...

I had the same thought that Teacher/Mom had when I heard that his new job was for two months. I will pray for this new job search and selfishly will be praying that it is something close to home! :p

Leslie said...

Love your attitude through all of this! I know that is pleasing to Him!

Thanking God for His provision (and I love that he had a day off on your son's birthday!!!). Praying for Him to continue to guide, lead and provide for your family!

Hugs,
Leslie

Loren Warnemuende said...

Great news! I was wondering about the job-front. I do hope you'll be around here down the road, but I know God will lead you to exactly the right place.

Debbie said...

Oh that is wonderful! God is an amazing provider.

Nancy said...

praying. we never really know what His plans are...just need to trust in Him. isn't that a comforting thought? :)

on this end, my dh has a job interview tomorrow morning. it's a face to face, which sounds very promising. he had a 1 hr phone interview a couple of days ago. we shall see.