Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday's Thankful Things

I am SOOOOOO thankful for my church family! Last night was our Awana Awards night, and it caused me to reflect on all the generous, giving adults at church who partner with us in training our children to know and love Jesus.


Little Man receiving his second year Cubbie ribbon



Son C receiving his third year Sparks plaque ~ this signifies the completion of all 3 Sparks books,
the memorization of over 100 verses, the books of the Old Testament, New Testament, and the 23rd Psalm



I am so thankful for each of my children's Wed night leaders and Sunday School teachers. For the preparation they do during the week, and for the effort they expend to leave work on time to get to church by 6:45. I know that some of them don't even eat dinner before church on Wed night!



I am so thankful for the fun ways they engage our children in the TRUTH, for the age appropriate activities they do, and that they pray for my children! Parenting is such hard work ~ it is a true blessing to know we are not alone, and that others are willing to invest in our children as well.


Lord, thank you so much for my church family!

1 comment:

lahbluebonnet said...

Great work! We just finished the work of Awana club even though my kids have been done for weeks. One of the leaders gave my dd grief over something and she broke down into tears. sigh I miss our old Awana club. Awards night isn't for 3 more weeks. They really string things out. We would have been totally done by now in TX.
Someone from CW who is a Christian started reading my blog last Dec and e-mailed for us to meet. We have a lot in common. She used to translate Bibles for Wycliffe. We met during Drummer's Call weekend last weekend and we did a tour together. She must have read one of my comments to you because she whipped out her camera and took lots of pictures of me! No dancing though! I just put them up last night.
Blessings,
Laurie