Monday, August 9, 2010

We're Back!!!! And had a great time!

We got home last night from our week of camping and weekend at the cottage. We had a WONDERFUL time and created some very special memories. I'll update again later with lots of pics, but here's a quick sampling.


Sleeping hard after a full day of hiking and swimming!


Experiencing nature is always a highlight of camping.



I learned years ago from my parents that you don't need lots of money and a fancy location to have a memorable vacation. Camping was the vacation they could afford back when me and my sisters were young, so that is what we did every summer. And we grew up with fantastic vacation memories! Ask any of us now what some of our favorite memories are of growing up and we would all say, "camping" (thanks mom and dad!).

I am so grateful for the fun, the family bonding, the laughter, the silliness, and the shared experiences that my own family had this past week! After I unpack, do laundry, grocery shop, and wade through the 561 email messages that I got while we were gone (yes, literally 561), I'll share more!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I am so glad you had a great time! We love to camp also. Lots of fun and it allows for the boys to run off all that energy.