Friday, January 14, 2011

Books I read in 2010

I have a new book reading goal, and that is 40 or more books during 2011. I read 39 in 2010, 4 more than the previous year. Most of them were GREAT! So many good books..... something I'm thankful for about living in this day and age. There's lots of garbage out there too, but so many good ones if you are discerning. And they are so accessible!

I printed out my 2010 booklist so that I can remember which titles I read, and have started a new listing down in my right sidebar. Once more, here is my list of books read last year. I bolded my favorites.

  • Venom and Song by Batson and Hopper (for fun)
  • Curse of the Spider King by Wayne Thomas Batson and Christopher Hopper (for fun)
  • Black Ships Before Troy by Rosemary Sutcliff (for school)
  • A Place in the Sun by Jill Rubalcaba (for school)
  • The Well of Sacrifice by Chris Eboch (for school)
  • The Golden Goblet by Eloise Jarvis McGraw (for school)
  • Gilgamesh the Hero by Geraldine McCaughrean (for school)
  • The Runaway by Patricia St. John (for fun)
  • Garden of the Purple Dragon by Carole Wilkinson (for fun)
  • Ninth Witness by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Eighth Shepherd by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Seventh Day by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Sixth Covenant by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Fifth Seal by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Fourth Dawn by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Third Watch by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Brother Andrew, God's Secret Agent by Geoff and Janet Benge (read aloud)
  • Poppy and Ereth by Avi (for fun)
  • Poppy's Return by Avi (for fun)
  • Poppy and Rye by Avi (for fun)
  • Second Touch by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • Ragweed by Avi (for fun)
  • Have Space Suit, Will Travel by Robert Heinlein (for school)
  • First Light by Brock and Bodie Thoene (for fun)
  • The Sigma Protocol by Robert Ludlum (for fun)
  • Water Buffalo Days by Huynh Quang Nhuong (for school)
  • To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (for fun)
  • Man From the Sky by Avi (for fun)
  • Poppy by Avi (for fun)
  • The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle by Avi (for fun)
  • A Skeleton in God's Closet by Paul L. Maier (for fun)
  • My Side of the Mountain by Jean Craighead George (for school)
  • So Far From the Bamboo Grove by Yoko Kawashima Watkins (for school)
  • Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank (for school)
  • Corrie ten Boom, Keeper of the Angel's Den by Geoff and Janet Benge (read aloud)
  • Homeless Bird by Gloria Whelan (for school)
  • Onion John by Joseph Krumgold (for school)
  • The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom (for personal growth)
  • Going Rogue, An American Life by Sarah Palin (for fun)

3 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

Now that I know that I can count books read for school as books I've read, that makes me look a whole lot better! Thanks for the tip. And now I have a list of things to keep me busy! Blessings.

Pam said...

Well, I don't count the books I read for history, but I do count the lit books! Anything to make you feel better. ;-)

Leslie said...

I'm trying to read more books too. I have so many good ones that I have purchased and not yet read. I'm hoping to do better this year. (Already doing better this month than most.)