Sunday, January 30, 2011

God is Good

God is so amazing. And good.

We are still waiting on THE job (if that is God's plan for us) but God has provided short term contract work for the friend of a friend. The company is in a town about three hours away, but my husband can do the work from home so he will have a flexible schedule and will be able to continue looking for steady employment and be available for interviews. It will last about 1-2 months if he works full time (longer if he gets a day job and has to go to part time). We are grateful!

In addition to getting the unemployment glitch worked out, we also received a generous grocery store gift card from our sunday school class. After a couple weeks of literally counting pennies, it was a joy to go to the grocery store and buy EVERYTHING on my list! We are grateful.

All of our February bills were or will be paid on time! We are so grateful.

The interview my husband had last week did not result in a job offer, but it was good interviewing experience. We are grateful.

My husband is NOT discouraged!! I am so, so, so, so grateful.

If you would please continue to pray for my foot pain to diminish, I would appreciate that. If you read the post below, you may have noticed that in one form or another we have been dealing with unemployment or underemployment for a long time. It's been somewhat of a theme running through our marriage. So long ago I realized that, at least in our society and in my socio-economic circle, it takes more time to be poor than it does to be wealthy (and I use the word "poor" very loosely, as we are by no stretch of the imagination truly poor!). Cooking from scratch, using raw ingredients rather than packaged, not eating out or getting carry out, making your own laundry detergent, etc. That all takes time. And most of it is time on your FEET.

I am experiencing another flare up where the constant pain is intensified, so being on my feet is just plain hard and something I want to avoid. There are a couple things I can do at home that help a little. Please pray I would be faithful to do those things. I have a plan to see a physical therapist that specializes in feet as soon as we get that first check from the contract job. Please pray with me for insight and wisdom into how to tackle this. And for grace to deal with the pain in the meantime. I have so much more compassion for those who live with constant pain ~ it is very wearing!

But....God is good. :-)

Do you know the hymn "Great is Thy Faithfulness"? I love these words from the chorus:

"All I have needed thy hand hath provided"

Amen. So true. My heart rejoices in God's faithfulness to provide ALL that I need!

2 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

Praise Jesus for supplying another month or two. I will continue to pray for your other request. My uncle deals with that from time to time, but he is much older and has no children and a doting wife (well sometimes she's doting) to take care of him. May the LORD light the path to healing that He has for you. Blessings.

Targetshopper: said...

I've been thinking lately about the testimony of my friends and you come to mind quite a bit! You truly have a testimony of trusting God's faithfulness and goodness and keeping your eyes on Him! I pray that the Lord blesses you abundantly and miraculously heals your pain!! Love you!