Sunday, January 23, 2011

Job Search Update

This past week my husband had interviews with two different contract companies. They were the fruit of contacts he has been pursuing the last few weeks. Sometimes an interview with a contract company is more of a "meet and greet" type thing, but if they have a specific job in mind that they want to submit you for, it is more like a traditional job interview. One of the interviews was the meet and greet type, and the other was a regular interview. He also had to take a dot.net test for one of the jobs, which he feels went pretty well. Lord willing, one of these opportunities will result in an interview with the actual client and then a job offer.

By God's grace, and your prayers, I am less fearful and much more at peace. Satan was really attacking me with dark "what if" thoughts, and he struck at the things I tend to fear most. Some of those things we can do something about once my husband has another job, and some of them are things that are totally beyond my control and I just have to trust God with them and go ahead and live life. Living fully in each moment, as is my goal for this year. I feel that I have barely scratched the surface of what it means to trust God moment by moment, but I am practicing living in that truth, however feebly, and enjoying His presence.

Living moment by moment is truly what we're doing right now, as we are experiencing a severe cash flow crisis. We have money saved for next month's expenses, and want to keep that set aside for its intended purpose. We thought that unemployment benefits would cover the daily things like groceries and gas for our vehicles, but since benefits have been delayed we are having to get really creative in those departments! We *think* that it's a matter of bureaucratic red tape ~ even though the judge ruled in our favor we don't think the right office has gotten the word that we are once again eligible for benefits. So my husband is going to try and get that straightened out tomorrow. Whatever the issue, it is a small thing to God and He can provide for us with or without the unemployment benefits. He has been doing so already! A check in the mail, a grocery card slipped to us at church. He is faithful, and He is good.

One of our children is really wrestling with fear, so please pray for wisdom as we shepherd him through this time. He is afraid of not having enough to eat, and has begun to try and eat "extra" (sort of like hoarding, only hoard eating). He honestly has not experienced any shortage of food, just a shortage of some of his favorites (there is a difference!). Last night at bedtime we talked about how God provided for the Israelites in the wilderness ~ manna from heaven and even water from a ROCK! That is some pretty dramatic provision! I used that to gently point out to him that we really have nothing to worry about. It was good for me to hear it too. Confirmation from my own lips to my ears, that God loves us, He is in control, life circumstances that happen to us are not random, He is sovereign!

I'm so glad to be in His hands.

1 comment:

lahbluebonnet said...

O bless his heart! I am praying! I have a friend whose dh was laid off Nov 2009 whom we pray for every night with your dh. My dh has a contract that was supposed to end this March but it has extended to June. Then a company seems to be targeting my dh for a job where he is now. He interviewed a month ago with blessings from his own company, who prefers to keep him but admits they need to get contracts lined up. We are now in waiting mode. I am always praying for dh to have wisdom, seek elsewhere or wait for current company or wait for other company who recently interviewed him. The new company is/has considered salary which we don't know the news of yet. This job could be more of what he does now with some supervision role which he would love! I would be happy for him to get to that level. One thing dh did, as per recommendation when he attended workshops for retiring from USAF, was to contact the company who interviewed him to keep up with them, did they remember him, etc. We heard they did, but ethically they had to submit job to general public for a few weeks, but they had no bites as of yet. dh also applied for job at CW, which would be a major pay check down...to the point I dont' know we could downsize and still pay bills. So we are praying all around. I'm excited your dh had the interviews and praying for fruitfulness in that. So hard to WANT to work and have to wait.
Blessings,
Laurie