Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday's Thankful Things

***UPDATE***

I am so very thankful for my sweet husband who took over my drive-a-friend-to-work responsibility this morning so I could sleep an extra THREE HOURS!!! Thank you honey! I feel like a new woman!

Original post follows:


Well, this week it has been harder for me to find things to be thankful for. It's been a difficult few days for a variety of reasons, I am quite exhausted, and I still have Friday's co-op classes to teach. I have seen the consequences of sin up close and personal, and I hate it. Not only can sin's consequences be long lasting for those living them, they can also be very time consuming for those who are helping! But here goes....

I am thankful that I have a husband who loves me, who treats me with kindness and respect, and who works hard to provide for his family. I'm thankful he loves Jesus and works to be a man of integrity.

I am thankful for each of our five children. Just looking into their beautiful faces and seeing how they interact makes both my mouth and my heart smile.

I am thankful for a warm cozy bed to climb into when I finally reach the end of the day.

I am thankful for the privilege of teaching our children at home, of knowing their successes and struggles so well, of seeing all the light bulb moments, and of spending so much time together.

I am thankful that even when the bank account is empty, I am one of the richest women I know.

I am thankful that God's grace provides forgiveness of sin, teaches me, comforts me, and gives daily strength and help. It's all God's grace!

3 comments:

Teacher/Mom said...

Sounds like a trying week. But I think you found some very good things to focus on and be thankful for. I will pray for a better week for you next week. Blessings.

votemom said...

i am thankful for YOU.

Targetshopper: said...

I'm thankful for you too! Also, praying that this weekend and week ahead are better and that the Lord blesses you in amazing and abundant ways!