Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mommy Force Field

A couple weeks ago I had a moment of brilliance (yes! I do still have some brain cells to rub together!!). I was sitting at the computer doing some administrative tasks, when 5 year old C rushed up to me being chased by one of his older brothers. Without skipping a beat or lifting my right hand off the mouse, I held up my left hand and said, "Mommy force field!". The boys LOVED this of course, and immediately began playing along. The chaser bounced off my imaginary force field, unable to penetrate it and get the chasee, while both the chaser and chasee erupted into gales of excited laughter.

Since then, mommy force field has been used frequently around here. One of the beautiful things about mommy force field is that it can be activated with only one hand, and sometimes in a pinch, with just the spoken words. I have activated it while browning hamburger, changing a diaper, helping someone brush their teeth, and while sitting at the piano.

So I just want to inform you all that I. Am. That. Hero!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!!!

Kendra

Anonymous said...

A brilliant stroke of genius!