Monday, November 26, 2007

Sent to the principal's office

Today was a day to forget. Truly awful. And I was a very.bad.mom. I have once and for all proven that yelling does not work. Now my kids certainly did their share of being awful, but I did not handle it well. So I decided to call in the big guns. I sent two boys to the principal's office. The principal was not *in* at the time mind you, so the actual sending had to happen a few hours later. Usually I try to deliver the consequence as soon after the offense as possible, but this time I really needed to pass the buck to the absent principal. My children needed me to pass the buck to the absent principal! I told them that if they were in classroom school, their teacher would have sent them to the principal's office long ago. I must admit to more than a bit of satisfaction when that got their attention.

So they each got spankings (like a principal would have given back in the day!) at 8:00 pm tonight and an appropriate lecture.

I am hoping and praying for a much better day tomorrow. And I am so thankful for a supportive principal.

4 comments:

votemom said...

awwww p.......
if it makes you feel any better it was a tough monday at our house too.

His mercies are new each morning!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm sorry ya'll had a rough day. Praying for a better one!
Blessings,
Laurie

Beth in Texas said...

Our Monday was awful, too. I, too, proved that yelling doesn't work. I have stopped all discplining of children except for the 3 year old who needs a quick consequence. It was wearing me out and alienating me from my children. I just send them to their rooms for a mutual time out. Actually, for my social one, a time out is a bigger deal. :-) I let the big gun handle any other discpline when he gets home. It seems to be more effective. I never thought we would be here but here we are.

Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful for you and the supportive principal!

I am sitting down to read this after an awful time of puting K to bed! I wish the big guns were here tonight (he's in NC)!!

We still need our "pie and processing" night....let's get it on the calendar!!