Tuesday, November 27, 2007

A much better day

Things went much better today. Whew! Thank you Lord! There were a few "moments" but nothing like the all day thing yesterday.

In fact, our little kindergartner had a very successful school day today. He "officially" began learning how to read! Of course he's been in the process almost since birth, but today he wrote out sounds that I dictated to him, and then I helped him sound them out rapidly so he could hear that they actually spelled a word when put together. I helped him with c-a-t, and then he totally got it with p-a-t, m-a-t, and s-a-t. He was so excited!! So we made a simple sentence using these words and he read it for daddy when he got home.




It is so much nicer for the principal to be greeted this way than with the news that he has to give spankings to two students!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea!!!
Blessings,
Laurie

Anonymous said...

Pam, you have left such an impression in my life, that I have an award for you at my blog!
Blessings,
Laurie

Marsha said...

Pam,

I am so glad that things turned around in your home from the other day. Some days are just hard. Guess they make us appreciate the good days all the more!

Rejoicing in the good days!
Marsha