Tuesday, July 8, 2008

This 'n That

Daughter G and I went to a wedding last Saturday. It was a beautiful wedding of two young people who deeply love the Lord and each other. New love is so beautiful to watch, isn't it? G watched everything with wide eyes, noticing every detail. I often wondered what she was thinking. While the bride was walking down the aisle and everyone's eyes were on her, G leaned over and whispered to me, "mommy, why is the groom crying?". Congratulations to this beautiful couple!!


Whenever I go to a wedding it reminds me of our own special day. On that day I couldn't imagine loving my hubby any more. After going through the rough stage of disillusionment (it was year 7 for me), I began to pray frequently that God would give me HIS love for my husband, because I had realized that love conjured up from within myself would eventually fail. God has answered that prayer so marvelously and continues to answer that prayer. I love my hubby so much!!
~
I have had a UTI for about a week that I finally got antibiotics for yesterday. Since it began just before a long holiday weekend, I had hoped to be able to knock it out of my system naturally, but I guess it was just too powerful a bacteria. I am feeling much better now, and thankful for modern medicine.

Our son G may have a small fracture in one of the growth plates of his foot. He landed wrong while jumping off a staircase at church last Sunday, and we had it xrayed yesterday. Our pediatrician wasn't sure, so we are waiting for the radiologist to read the xray and let us know for certain. Meanwhile, he is staying off his foot (it is quite swollen) and putting ice packs on it.

My TOG Year 3, unit 1 arrived on our front porch this morning, fresh from the printer!! I can't wait to take off the shrink wrap and dig in. :-) For the next two years, we will be on the same schedule as their redesign production. The authors of TOG are in the process of issuing a "redesign" version of each of the 4 year plans. This became necessary due to the amount of books that had gone out of print. Years 1 and 2 are completely finished, and now they are working on year 3 and will release it unit by unit throughout this year. So I get to have "Christmas" 3 more times during this school year!

I am nearing the end of my reading of John Adams. 650 pages total! I am purposely reading only a few pages a day in order to draw it out as long as possible. It has been the best biography I have ever read. In recent years I have really enjoyed historical fiction and fiction for my pleasure reading, but I have to say that this was extremely fascinating and it has impacted my thinking on several different issues. I'll write more about it when I am finished.
~
I am missing one ingredient for the aztec chicken I had meant to make for dinner. What will I make instead??

2 comments:

lahbluebonnet said...

I hope your son's foot isn't serious. Well, the UPS came and left 2 boxes for my husband. I checked the paperwork and I have to wait at least another week I am sure to get my Redesign. I had the craziness to save money and request media mail! Boo hoo! I also decided on media mail because I put the order in Jan and I didn't know when we'd be out of town for vacation for the summer and I didn't want the box to sit all by it's lonesome on the front porch for a few weeks. I wish I could come over and see, touch and smell your new pages! =)
Blessings,
Laurie

Lona said...

You are a better woman than I. I can't seem to find time to read books! (I did actually want to read John Adams, but didn't know it had 650 pages. Yikes!) Prayed for your son's foot and for continued health for you.