Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More on binding your own books (part 10)

MarshaAnne asked about my comb binding machine, and I decided to answer in a whole new post since my answer is rather long winded. Ha!

I purchased my machine online from The Binding Machine. It was a discontinued model that was regularly priced well over $100 and selling for $25. I don't see it on their website anymore, since it's discontinued, but it is most similar to this one.

Shortly after purchasing, my friend Angi made me aware of the ProClick binding machine, which allows for pages to be added at the point of insertion rather than having to be added to the front or taking all the pages out to add them to the back. If I were buying now, this is the machine I would get.

Since I already have a regular comb binding machine, I am going to invest in some of these spines, which open and close to allow for insertion of forgotton pages, but work with a regular binding machine rather than a ProClick. This concept of creating my own comb bound books is a relatively new one to me, but I am excited about the possibilities!

And I must take this opportunity to put in a plug for my friend Angi's blog. If you are a homeschooler, you will find lots of helpful info and tips here! Angi does have an amazon page where you can purchase ProClick supplies. Believe me, you'll want some after seeing what she and her daughter have done with them! There is a link on her blog.

No comments: