Saturday, October 25, 2008

Making Dinner

Last night our daughter G made our dinner for us. She did virtually everything by herself, from planning to shopping (I was with her, but she did it), from chopping to cooking, and even cleaning up! She has a strong interest in cooking right now, which I am trying to capitalize on. Earlier in the week she had thought she might make a pasta dish, but later decided to make pizza since that is what everyone is used to on Friday nights.

For her first attempt at dinner by herself, I encouraged her to use boboli pizza crusts rather than making the crust from scratch. The sauce she made from her own recipe. She chose the toppings and chopped them herself. Then she built the pizzas. They turned out great and were absolutely delicious! She has decided for her next pizza night she wants to make the crust too, so we will have to start earlier in the afternoon. :-)


Adding spices to the sauce
Chopping veggies!

Spreading sauce on the pizza crusts
~
I can't believe that I forgot to take a picture of the finished pizzas, but we were all so eager to eat them that I took no thought of my camera at that point!

Great job G!!! Thank you!

6 comments:

Coach Mom said...

Great job! I can't wait to hear how the homemade crust recipe works out!

votemom said...

well done G! i'm very proud of you and i look forward to hearing more about your cooking projects!

lahbluebonnet said...

We did lots of cooking today for our unit celebration and the kids learned lots of French cooking techniques. Yea for your dd learning to cook and dance and your older son helping his dad with house repairs!!!
Blessings,
Laurie

5littlewomen said...

What fun and good job! My girls enjoy cooking around here also and it is a blessing to me.

Rebekah said...

I'm glad to know other's have survived having kids so close together! We never planned on having them so close, but obviously God planned otherwise :) (and now I know who to call when I think I'm going under!)

Tiffany said...

Pam,

Your US Cookies were my inspiration. Thank you so much for posting the pictures. I think we may have to make pizza now . . . :)